April 23, 2008

Year 2, Volume 1: CORPORATE WORK TEAMS: Cisco Systems.

Teams of volunteers continue to come to work with us and we are always grateful for their help. From November 11th to December 13th seven employees from Cisco Systems came to help us build with Paola and her family. This team came from the same company which sent volunteers to help build the house at Lujan for the Achiopoli’s home.

One said,

“It was an opportunity for me to do something completely different! I enjoyed learning how to construct walls most of all and I learnt that such work is not easy. It also gave me much inner strength to get to know Paola and her father and it was a privilege to be part of their lives for a short while. I really had a great time!


And another wrote,

“For me it was an interesting experience. I felt very comfortable and the organization was very good. I valued this time and the opportunity to reflect and offer help where it is most needed. .I believe that this type of experience enables one to understand how others live and to value those things which we tend to take for granted. When helping others, one also helps oneself!”

And yet another wrote:

“The experience made me feel wonderful! It was great to be able to help someone, who had never expected to have a home of their own. It was also great from the group’s point of view, both in collaboration and in time for solitude, because this allowed me to share something with people with whom I normally do not interact on a daily basis.

In Habitat for Humanity we not only look to change the lives of families living in inadequate housing, but also to serve as a bridge to link people together, helping them all to put their love and faith into action. Working together helps us all to enrich our lives.

We are grateful to Cisco Systems, especially to Rodrigo Turrado, and the members of the work teams. At no time did anyone lose their enthusiasm and dedication to the work until the task was completed.

We look forward to continued co-operation in our mission!

On behalf of Habitat for Humanity Argentina: Thank You CISCO SYSTEMS !!!!!!

Carolina Mansur
Resource Development
National Office


No comments: